Person County Partnership for Children operates a Resource Library and Workroom that is available to the child care workforce and parents. There are over 300 titles, covering many subjects, including child development, curriculum planning, behavior, and professional development. Additionally the library contains “prop” boxes for extending activities, children’s books, DVDs and CDs. Our workroom has arts and crafts materials, a die-cut machine with many patterns, as well as a 27 inch laminator. Please continue reading for the membership and operating policies for our Resource Library and Workroom.
For help in finding Child Care Call: 1-855-EARLY-ED or 1-855-327-5933
Every family’s center for child care needs in Alamance, Caswell, Durham, Franklin, Granville, Orange, Person, Vance and Wake Counties.
Child Care Referral Central is a NEW regional collaborative between Alamance, Caswell, Person, and Franklin-Granville-Vance Partnerships for Children and Child Care Services Association (of Durham, Orange, and Wake counties) that makes finding child care in the 9 counties of the Referral Central area easy and central for families.
Responsibilities for Child Care Referral Central’s services are shared among the partnering agencies: For Alamance, Person, Franklin, Granville, and Vance counties, your local Partnership agency is responsible for provider relations and community outreach and will continue to serve as your primary contact for updating your referral information and obtaining information and services related to training and technical assistance.
For questions regarding how this new referral process works, contact your local Child Care Referral Central partner agency with any questions.
Person County Partnership for Children Phone:
- Must be employed in a Person County licensed child care facility or part-day pre-school OR must be a parent / resident of Person County.
- Membership dues are paid annually at $5.00 per member. A child care facility with 3 or more employees may purchase a group membership at $4.00 per member.
- Laminating fees are not part of membership dues and are figured at .50 per foot. Laminating fees must be paid for at time of lamination.
- Operating hours are as follows: Resource Library – M, - Th -9:00 am – 4:30 pm, (extended hours are as staff is available – please call before coming) F -9:00am-1:00 pm, Resource Workroom – M, - Th -9:00 am-4:30 pm, (extended hours are as staff is available – please call before coming) F -9:00 am-12:00 pm
- Operating hours contingent upon PCPFC operating hours, holiday closures and staff availability.
- Materials in the Resource Library are available for check out to individuals who are members of the Resource Library / Workroom, are in good standing, and have signed a Resource Library Check out Agreement.
- Materials are available for check out for a period of 2 weeks. Check out period may be extended by 1 week, if facility calls PCPFC/CCR&R prior to end of 2 week period. • All items must be returned in good condition.
- All items must be returned in good condition.
- If a facility / person loses all or part of, or destroys materials beyond use, the facility / person is responsible for replacement or repair cost.
- No more than 5 books/videos/CDs and 2 Theme Boxes may be checked out by a facility at one time. No more than 3 books/videos/CDs and 1 Theme Box may be checked out by an individual not associated with a child care facility / pre-school.
- Failure to comply with these policies will result in the termination of the member’s check out privileges.
• NC Pediatric Society - www.ncpeds.org/index.php
• Advocacy for Healthcare Issues - North Carolina Health Choice for Children
• Advocacy for Children's Issues including Health - Action for Children NC
• Thank you for Helping Babies - March of Dimes
• Promotes public health - Immunzive North Carolina
• Fun activities, important information - www.family.com
• Smart Start - www.ncsmartstart.org
• Preschool home activities for parents and young children - www.preschoolrainbow.org
• Resource of parenting lessons and activities - www.education.com
• Discover the fun in learning! - www.preschooleducation.com
• Infant / Child Product Recalls - www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/category/child.html
• Parent Resources - http://growachild.org/